We have all been through teenage years. It is primarily remembered by angst, acne and ambiguity. The 3 A’s along with hormones are the pillars of every teenage life. The teenagers already have a lot of emotional upheaval at this time. Peer pressure, responsibility from school, identity crisis, trying to fit in are all the problems that completely exhaust them. To add to that is the troublesome acne, cramps associated with hitting puberty, mood swings, hormonal fluctuation, a teenager is completely lost.
Essential oils for teenagers are one of the natural and the healthiest ways of giving some relief where it can be possible. Teenagers at this stage of life benefit manifold with aromatherapy. This along with tender love, care and patience, might just smoothen a teenagers journey through these formative years.
When can essential oils for teenagers be used?
Dealing with teenage problems are an unchartered territory, it is mostly a fine balance between hits and misses. Most of the hits as per our experience came in dealing with these issues:-
- Hormones and hormonal fluctuations- changes in hormones and hormonal imbalance along with other complicit physical problems, also cause a lot of mood swings, depression and anxiety. Essential oils when used regularly can help bring a lot of calm. The oils that help are rosemary oil which bring focus, lavender oil which helps in relaxing and de-stressing, geranium oil is a powerful hormone calmer, lemongrass which helps alleviate stress and anxiety, wild oranges is widely used for anxiety alleviation even in severe traumatic situations.
- Inability to sleep or lack of sound sleep- it is a common problem which is best corrected with essential oils for teenagers. Essential oils not only relax the mind, they also help induce deep sleep. Essential oils like lavender oil which not only grounds a person, but also calms them, ylang ylang oil, which boosts the mood and keeps overthinking at bay, lemongrass oil which helps promote deep sleep, vanilla oil which calms the overactive mind.
- Studies and focus- A teenager is going through so much that it becomes easy for them to lose their focus and also face trouble concentrating. In such situations Rosemary oils, Vetiver oils, Frankincense oil, Ylang ylang oils, Sandalwood oils individually or in a combination or mixture dramatically help and show great results.
- Period pains or menstrual cramps- Do essential oils help in period pain? This is probably the most often asked question by a teenager or a teenage guardian. The answer to this is yes and a definite one at that. Clary Sage, Lavender, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Fennel, Carrot Seed, Palmarosa, and Vitex in blends are some of the powerful menstrual pain relievers and blends to aid relief.
- Skin and Beauty- Yes, just like adults, essential oils for teenagers too impart their share towards beauty and skin relief. Puberty skin gets hit with acne the most. The best fix for zits are Tea Tree oil for dealing with infections and zits, Frankincense oil for glow, geranium oil for dealing with oily skin, citronella oils for dealing with bacterial infections and fungal infections.
- For overall health and muscle relaxation- A rough day at sports or dance, pushing themselves for a task or just a tiring day and a soak with Eucalyptus oil eases the body and its discomfort.
Apart from the given essential oils and their benefits, one can experiment with oils for problems that aren’t discussed here. One also must remember that physical hugs and sharing our stress with someone we trust is also a powerful healer.
Essential oils are always known to help when the safety guidelines, as mentioned on www.vedicbloom.com are followed.